Thursday 26 October 2017

Self-Care Q&A Response #14 ft Lola

Self-Care Q&A Response #14


The final contributor for this this round of responses is Lola of Don’t Dream Do (formally Jittery Jetsetter). You can find her on Twitter here if you want to check her out or give her a follow.


1. How do you know when you are in need of some self-care?

It’s a feeling that I get in my chest, almost like very mild anxiety. It can either just come over me randomly or I can wake up with it and i feel down or sad.


2. Once you are aware that you need to take care of yourself, do you usually do so alone or do you have someone you can go to when you need some TLC?

It depends on the severity of it, if I’m feeling really down I need to be alone but if its not as bad I would definitely seek out my partner, one of my friends, my sister or my niece.


3. Do you find it hard to make time for yourself?

Yes for sure! Life is so hectic, I work full time, visit my Dad who’s in a care home with dementia 2 hours every day, walk the dog twice a day so there’s barely time cook meals never mind time to relax.


4. Is there anything that gets in the way of your “me” time/disrupts it (for me: noises outside can put me on edge or if other people are home I need to be mindful of how long I take, say, in the shower)?

Yep just everyday life lol, I feel like I shouldn’t be chilling out or something fun when there are things that need doing like housework or errands.


5. Do you ever feel guilty for having “me” time?

As I rarely have ‘me’ time not really no.


6. Do you schedule in “me” time or do you “go with the flow”/only take “me” time when you feel you need it?

I would say I only have ‘me’ time when I’m feeling really low. I should try to ‘treat’ myself when I’m feeling good too and hoping to try yoga and meditation if I ever get the time:)


7. Is there a self-care routine that you try to follow?

Once I’ve woken up in the morning i need to lie for 5 minutes just to take in the day, during which I’m usually complaining in my head about having to get up and walk the dog, however having to go out in the fresh air really clears my head and then I enjoy a nice hot bath before starting work.


8. When you feel down/not like your usual self; what do you do to cheer yourself up (hobbies, being with loved ones etc)?

A bath always helps, a face mask and I always feel better after washing my hair. If I’m feeling down I usually have to get out the house and into a different space. I love swimming and used to go every day but I don’t have a car anymore so can’t fit it it.


9. Do you have any mantras that you say to yourself as a pick me up or on a daily basis?

I don’t really, but if I’m feeling down I always try to remind myself of times when life has been worse, like when I had to go to a job I hated or didn’t live in the nicest of houses to make myself see how much better things are now.


10. Finally; do you have any self-care tips for anyone who might be reading this?

Do what you love! Theres no set rules as everyone enjoys different things so whatever makes you feel good - do it!!
~ That is it for this round of responses. I know that whenever I do a poll with this as an option no one ever picks it but numbers don’t lie and people do actually read them so I’m going to be keeping it open for this section to make a comeback at some point. Plus, I’m actually really proud of the Q&A. It was my first attempt at something of its sort and I feel like it did really well.
See you tomorrow for the instalment of favourites!

Anxiously,
Me

If you decide to use this, please let me know first and give credit. There’s nothing worse than finding out something that you worked really hard on has been taken and uncredited, sometimes even plagiarised.

You can find Anxiously, Me on:
This blog
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram




No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post?

Get To Know Me Part 2

Hi everyone! Here is part 2 of the "Get To Know Me" post that I did last Friday to celebrate one year of being with Blogger. If ...

Anxiously, Me