Friday 14 July 2017

Self-Care Q& A with Jenny (Jenny in Neverland) #selfcareqanda

 Welcome back to the “Self-Care Q &A”! This week’s response section is dedicated to the wonderful Jenny (www.jennyinneverland.com/ @jennymarston_xo)! Still working out font, sizing etc so please bare with me! 


1. How do you know when you are in need of some self-care?

J: I usually know if I'm feeling particular anxious: more so than usual. Or if I'm feeling more down than usual. Those two things are always a reminder than I might need to step back and chill out.


2. Once you are aware that you need to take care of yourself, do you usually do so alone or do you have someone you can go to when you need some TLC?

I always practice self care alone. Often, being around other people makes it worse. On the occasion it doesn't but it's hard to differentiate when I need another person and when I don't so usually I keep to myself.


3. Do you find it hard to make time for yourself?

Ummm, in terms of doing things just because I enjoy them and just being "me", yes. Because I'm always worked up about or thinking about something else like blogging, work, life, other people.


4. Is there anything that gets in the way of your “me” time/disrupts it (for me: noises outside can put me on edge or if other people are home I need to be mindful of how long I take, say, in the shower)?

The major thing that gets in the way of my me time and self care is other people - specifically their moods. I'm majorly affected by other people's moods and if they've had a bad day, than can instantly make me feel rubbish and have a crap day too.


5. Do you ever feel guilty for having “me” time?

Nope, never! No one should ever feel guilty for looking after themselves.


6. Do you schedule in “me” time or do you “go with the flow”/only take “me” time when you feel you need it?

I tend to go with the flow and see what happens from day to day.


7. Is there a self-care routine that you try to follow?

No specific routine but there obviously are certain self care activities I like to do.


8. When you feel down/not like your usual self; what do you do to cheer yourself up (hobbies, being with loved ones etc)?

I like to get a cup of tea and chocolate and watch my favourite YouTuber. Or cook myself a meal or watch a documentary.


9. Do you have any mantras that you say to yourself as a pick me up or on a daily basis?

Not on a daily basis but if there's something stressful going on I'll always remind myself that this won't last forever. This stressful phase won't last forever and it'll pass - just like everything else. And that usually makes me feel better.


10. Finally; do you have any self-care tips for anyone who might be reading this?

Find something that works for you. Don't just do what everyone else is telling you to do. And take care of the basics first: eat, drink a glass of water, have a shower, get dressed. Take CARE of yourself.


~ That’s all for this week! Thank you to Jenny for taking part! You can find her on Twitter and if you want to see what she’s been getting up to, you can find her blog at www.jennyinneverland.com! Just click on the underlined words and they will take you straight to her!

Do you have any self-care tips for other people? Is there a specific thing you like to do when you’re feeling down or anxious? Let me know in either the comments below or feel free to dm me on Twitter.

Anxiously,
Me


If you decide to use this, please let me know first and give credit. There’s nothing worse than finding out something that you worked really hard on has been taken and uncredited, sometimes even plagiarised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post?

Get To Know Me Part 2

Hi everyone! Here is part 2 of the "Get To Know Me" post that I did last Friday to celebrate one year of being with Blogger. If ...

Anxiously, Me