Friday 21 July 2017

Self-Care Q&A Response #3 (Fixed)

Note: Tried fixing the original post's font size a total of 6 times but it's just not working. Hoping this version will!

Here is the 3rd instalment of responses to the “Self-Care Q &A” that I am hosting! Nouf is our contributor this week so please check out her links! (@NoufNotes)!


1. How do you know when you are in need of some self-care?

N: I personally know when I need self-care when my mood drops and I start to care less about important things.


2. Once you are aware that you need to take care of yourself, do you usually do so alone or do you have someone you can go to when you need some TLC?

I rarely have time to be alone because I am a full time student and work all the time, so personally I prefer when I set time for self-care it is by myself.


3. Do you find it hard to make time for yourself?

Yes. I have such a busy schedule it’s hard to set time for myself when I’m trying to manage academics, work, a social life, and my health.


4. Is there anything that gets in the way of your “me” time/disrupts it (for me: noises outside can put me on edge or if other people are home I need to be mindful of how long I take, say, in the shower)?

Outside noise is the most disruptive for me. I usually listen to music during my time set aside and it is hard to have to hear other things while the music is playing.


5. Do you ever feel guilty for having “me” time?

I would be lying if I didn’t say yes. I think besides setting time aside for self-care this is one of the reasons it is so hard. I feel guilty in the sense that I feel I should be “more productive” with the time. Obviously self-care is a necessity that everyone should set time aside for, but when you have so much to do it can be hard to remember and not dis-value it.


6. Do you schedule in “me” time or do you “go with the flow”/only take “me” time when you feel you need it?

I “go with the flow.” I usually know when I need it by how my body has been acting physically and emotionally.


7. Is there a self-care routine that you try to follow?

I don’t necessarily have a routine, but there are some things I always try to do. I usually put on a face mask, play some music, and meditate. This is a great way to slow down, clear your head and unwind after a long day. After that I love going to the monuments (It’s an #OnlyAtGW hobby I cherish. Plus it is always pretty!). Being outside and feeling the sun on your skin instantly brightens up my mood.


8. When you feel down/not like your usual self; what do you do to cheer yourself up (hobbies, being with loved ones etc)?

Definitely spending time with friends is a great activity that always cheers me up. I am grateful to say I have such a great group of friends that always radiate positive vibes (when they are not roasting me). This is my go to when I am feeling down because it is guaranteed laughter and good times.


9. Do you have any mantras that you say to yourself as a pick me up or on a daily basis?

One of my flaws is that I constantly compare myself. I push myself harder than anyone else can. Rather than judging what I haven’t accomplished, I realized it is okay to remind myself that “I am enough.”


10. Finally; do you have any self-care tips for anyone who might be reading this?

Turn off your phone to avoid any outside notifications (just for the moment). The world is moving at such a fast pace that we forget to just slow down, take note of what we need, and know it’s okay to be still for a second.


~ And just like that we are at the end of the post again! You can find Nouf on Twitter and the link to her blog can be found here!

What do you think about the Self Care Q&A responses so far? Do you agree with anything that the contributors have said? Do you have a self-care routine (or segment of one) that hasn’t been spoken about yet?

Anxiously,
Me



If you decide to use this, please let me know first and give credit. There’s nothing worse than finding out something that you worked really hard on has been taken and uncredited, sometimes even plagiarised.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What did you think about this post?

Get To Know Me Part 2

Hi everyone! Here is part 2 of the "Get To Know Me" post that I did last Friday to celebrate one year of being with Blogger. If ...

Anxiously, Me